My daughter and I were cooking up a cauliflower casserole, and as I thought of a nicely warmed oven coming up to the 350 degree mark, I decided to use that energy to cook up some cupcakes for the kids' friends.
Rustling through the cabinets I found some organic brown sugar, chocolate chips from an earlier baking effort, vanilla, and we were off to the races.
3 cups of flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup milk (we use lactaid)
See a quick video below of the chaos that is our kitchen!
- In a bowl, mix or sift the salt, baking powder and flour together
- Cream the sugar, vanilla extract and butter together with a hand-held mixer
- Beat in the eggs as well. Once you have a creamy mix, fold in the flour mixture a little at a time. Then beat it to a consistent dough. D had a lovely time being in charge of all the mixing and folding in of the flour.
- Once you have a smooth mixture, mix in the chocolate chips
- Butter the cupcake tray, and pour in enough of the dough to take up about 3/4 of the cupcake sections
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes
- Pull out of the oven once the cupcakes have a pleasing brown tops, and test they are done by slowly pushing in a toothpick, and make sure there is no dough sticking to the toothpick. If there is, put them back in the over for 3 to 5 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then serve. Ice at your discretion!